Monday, August 5, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Laughing and the Little Things

At the beginning of 2013, I decided that everyday, I was going to be intentionally thankful for something.   I have an absolutely amazing life filled with so much many things that I should be overflowing with Thankfulness.  Yet at the end of 2012, I found that I had lost sight of the many, many things I have to be thankful.  You see, the one thing I have always desired most in my life and that it  seems that there is nothing I can do to change, is still missing.  I was allowing that one little missing thing (OK to me it is not really little, it is huge, but the size is beside the fact it is one thing compared to the million of other things I have) to cloud my vision to the point that I was missing the things that were happening all around me that made my life so amazing.  So, since January 1st, I have been intentionally thankful for something.  As I began keeping track of all of those things, I have found that more often than not, it is the little things that I have the most gratitude for in my life -- often it is even the silly things.  As the year has gone on, I have realized that it is the little, silly things that add up to the amazing life I have been given and made since moving to North Carolina.  So as I continue in this blog, I think it is only fair to warn you, that sometime my Thankful Thursday may seem little or even a bit silly. My hope is that as you read the menagerie of my thankfulness, you will collect one of your own.  On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for all the little things that bring a smile to my face. I'm sure in the future, I'll be sharing some of these little silly things, but for today I am just thankful that there are so many in my world. 

Wishing you lots of little joys in this day!

The Holy Blonde 

No comments: