Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Here goes nothing 2014.....

Well, it's a new year, so it's time to try to start blogging again.  I'm so excited for 2014 because I know it will hold many new adventures!  It's starting with a two month sabbatical where I am going to learn to sew -- or at least try to learn to sew.   Painting and redoing my living room on the list as well for this time.  There will be a move to Charlotte (FINALLY) and a new contract.

I've also decided that 2014 is the year, I will run the NYC Marathon with Team Life without Lupus to benefit the SLE Lupus Foundation.   It all begins today, when I do my first day of Couch to 5K in preparation to run my first 5K in March. Throughout the year I will be running a 5K, 10K, and half marathon in preparation in for the big race in November.  I will be raising money though-out the year for my team, so watch-out for my fundraising page :)

I found out I had lupus when I was twelve.  I've been extremely lucky over all, but it's still there.  The bad days are worse then a were a few years ago, but there are still not many days of them.  Before the bad days are too many, I figure it's time to do this thing.

So, let's see if 2014 is the year for the blog as well.



No comments: